Natural Personal Care: Market Analysis and Opportunities
Regional Coverage: Canada, United States
This report series contains in-depth analysis of the dynamic market for naturally positioned, clean, and organic beauty and personal care products. Focusing on market size and growth, news-making imports, key new launches and product trends, and alternate channels, this comprehensive analysis features natural ingredient ratings using Kline’s proprietary rating scale. Canada volume includes a consumer survey.
This Report Answers Such Questions as:
- What are the key differences between “truly natural” and “nature-inspired” products?
- Which brands receive the highest rating in our proprietary ingredient analysis?
- What are the fastest-growing natural personal care brands in each category, and why?
- What are the key consumer trends and behaviors in terms of preference for degree of naturalness of a product and channels to shop for products?
- What certifications and labeling do consumers look for?
- For consumers not currently using natural products, what would help them convert?
- Sources and methods
- Total industry size and growth
- Key takeaways
- Breakdowns of sales for natural-inspired vs. truly natural products
- Market drivers and trends
- Product class sales breakdowns
- Sales growth of natural personal care products vs. general market by product class
- Product category breakdowns
- Product and ingredient trends
- Competitive landscape
- Channels of distribution
- Digital influencer strategies by the naturally positioned brands
- Outlook to 2023
Brief snapshots of 15 brands/companies marketing natural personal care products as listed in Table 2. Information provided includes company overview, sales estimates, natural rating, primary distribution channel, and outlook.
Consumer Survey for Canada!
A detailed consumer survey that will provide a thorough understanding of the following:
- Demographics of natural personal care purchasers and users
- Influences of purchase of natural personal care products
- Product claims and labeling
- Most trusted natural personal care brands
- Willingness to pay premium for natural personal care products
- Purchase channels
Scope & Benefits
This report provides subscribers with an analysis of trends and development, market size and growth, product trends, brand synopses, and competitive forces within the natural personal care market in the United States and Canada.
- The report provides subscribers with an in-depth analysis of trends and developments in the consumer purchasing patterns of natural personal care products.
- The consumer survey in Canada focuses on the consumers who purchase naturally positioned brands in the past six months.
- The market is defined as take-home (consumer use) beauty and personal care products that are positioned as natural. It excludes back-bar products used in salons, spas, etc.
- For this report, natural is defined as all brands where being natural is a core element of its positioning.
- The following product classes are covered: fragrances, hair care products, makeup, skin care products, oral care, and other toiletries.
This analysis covers consumer purchases in the United States and Canada through all channels:
- Direct sales (social selling, home shopping, infomercials, and the Internet)
- Department stores
- Mass outlets (mass merchandisers, drug stores, food stores, and warehouse clubs)
- Specialty (vertically integrated stores and cosmetics specialty retailers)
- Professional (salons and spas, doctors’ offices)
This report enables subscribers to exploit business opportunities by understanding market
growth factors, the competitive landscape, consumer behavior, and future trends. It also helps
- Assess the natural personal care market and
understand its unique market drivers.
- Inform decisions on business opportunities and
- Learn which categories hold the most opportunity,
which channels of distribution are important,
and what brands are getting ahead of the pack
- Identify potential strategic alliances, acquisition
candidates, and/or customers.
- Augment business plans with reli¬able insights