Solubility Enhancement in Pharmaceutical Oral Solid and Parenteral Dosage Forms
Base Year: 2019
To Be Published 2nd Quarter 2020
Regional Coverage: Global
The major challenge faced by the pharmaceutical industry is currently poor solubility, hence the low bioavailability of most new drugs being developed. More than 80% of the entire drug candidates in the R&D pipeline, notably with the influx of large number of biologics, are reported to be poorly soluble in water. This leads to serious problems for the efficiency of pharmaceuticals both in injectable and OSDF dosage forms, which translates into a major challenge for drug formulators. At the same time, this is creating sustainably growing market opportunities for solubilization technologies in general, and more particularly for excipients that aid in solubility enhancement.
This Program Will Help Subscribers to Answer Key Questions such as:
- What are the technologies for solubility enhancement and what is their current use?
- What are the pros and cons of each technology in use?
- What are the sales of excipients for solubility enhancement?
- How does the choice and consumption of excipients vary between injectable and OSDF for solubility enhancement?
- Which excipient suppliers are active on the market, which products are they supplying, and what are their relative market shares?
- What is the average price of various excipients for solubility enhancement?
- How is the technological landscape expected to evolve?
- What is the forecast consumption of excipients for solubility enhancement from 2019 to 2029?
- Which could be the new excipients used in solubility enhancement in the forecast period?
Introduction to Solubility Enhancement
- Global pharmaceutical industry: overview
- Regulatory scenario
- Current situation of poorly bioavailable active ingredients
Solubility Enhancement Technologies
- Overview of the technologies
- Role of SE technologies in the oral solid and parenteral dosage forms
- Advantages, disadvantages, and comparative assessment of the technologiesn
- Commercial examples of technologies in the solubility enhancement markets
- Excipients used in the technologies
- Upcoming technologies
Comparative Assessment of SE technologies by dosage forms (OSDF versus parenteral)
- Current situation and outlook
Solubility Enhancement Excipients
- Grades and prices
- Consumption of excipient in the oral solid and parenteral dosage forms
- Competitive landscape
- Commercial examples of drugs using excipient in solubility enhancement market
- Novel/upcoming excipients for solubility enhancement
Comparative Assessment of SE excipients by dosage forms (OSDF versus parenteral)
- Current consumption and outlook
- Industry structure
- Supplier market share in the oral solid and parenteral dosage forms
- Competitive landscape
- Short profiles on major suppliers
- Major drug delivery companies
- Major customers
Appraisal and Outlook
- Major trends in oral solid and parenteral dosage forms
- Drivers and Restraints in solubility enhancement market
- Outlook and forecast for the solubility enhancement market
* Subject to charter subscriber input
Scope & Benefits
This report provides a detailed independent appraisal of the current and forecast demand of excipients for solubility enhancement by major products, supplier sales, technology and market trends and explores market opportunities and challenges for manufacturers of these excipients worldwide. The study provides:
- Consumption of solubility enhancement excipients in OSDF and parenteral dosage forms
- Consumption of excipients by technology and methods used
- Consumption forecast of excipients to 2029
- Competitive landscape for the excipients for solubility enhancement
- Technology and process analysis for solubility enhancement techniques
- Detailed analysis of key drivers and restraints of the excipients consumption for solubility enhancement
- Detailed analysis of key drivers and restraints of the technologies for solubility enhancement
This study will assist suppliers of pharmaceutical excipients in identifying opportunities within the global market of solubility enhancement. It will also serve as an invaluable tool in the strategic planning process.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments that are driving the global solubility enhancement excipients market
- Identification of key growth areas by excipient type, application dosage form, and technologies of their use to enable development of targeted sales and marketing strategies
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies
- Identify the competition from alternative technologies
- Competitive intelligence for use in benchmarking
- Forecasting scenarios from which to base solid strategic business plans