Business Outlook for Polyisobutylenes: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2018
Published December 2018
Forecasts to 2028
Regional Coverage: Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Rest of the World
Polyisobutylene (PIB) is a versatile product with a wide selection of applications, ranging from lubricant additives, fuel additives, and basestocks to sealants, adhesives, stretch films, and mining explosives, among others. Rapid market changes in end-use applications present growing opportunities and challenges for PIB. The next five to ten years are important for the PIB market as market players prepare themselves for these challenges and opportunities.
This report helps subscribers to:
- Assess the total current supply/capacity of PIBs and the outlook − By region, supplier, PIB type (high reactive [HR-PIB] vs conventional), and PIB grade (low, medium, or high molecular weight)
- Assess the current demand for PIB and the outlook − By region, application, PIB type, and PIB grade
- Understand the growth drivers and challenges for each of the major end-use segment of PIBs
- Evaluate the threats from various substitutes in various applications
- Assess the supply/demand gap (current and future) for PIBs to identify potential opportunities
- Assess the level of competition in the PIB market
- An overview of key findings
- Type of PIBs (high reactive PIB, conventional PIB), grades of PIBs (low, mid, and high molecular weight of PIBs)
- Product characteristics/properties
- Raw material and production process
- Overall supply/capacity by PIB type, PIB grade, supplier, and region
- Brief profiles of the leading PIB suppliers covering their PIB-related operations, as shown in Table 1
- Supply outlook: new capacity additions/plant closures by region, PIB type, PIB grade, and suppliers
|Table 1: Suppliers to be Profiled|
- PIB demand by applications (lubricant additives, fuel additives, lubricant basestock, sealants, adhesives, stretch films, mining explosives, and others), region, product type, and PIB grade
- A brief profile of the leading end-use applications and desired performance characteristics of PIBs in these applications, suitability and demand for various types and grades of PIBs in respective applications
- Threat from substitutes
- Demand outlook by end-use application, region, and product type
Supply Demand Balance
- Current and emerging supply demand balance by PIB type and region
- Assessment of PIB market's attractiveness
- Opportunities as a brightstocks' substitute
Scope & Benefits
Business Outlook for Polyisobutylenes: Global Market Analysis and Opportunities focuses on the global PIB market. PIB has a wide range of applications, including lubricant additives, fuel additives, lubricant basestocks, adhesives, stretch films, and mining explosives, among others. PIBs are produced in two major types—conventional and high-reactive (HR-PIB). The report provides a detailed analysis on the application of both of these types of PIBs. Furthermore, PIBs can be produced in a wide range of molecular weight (MW). This report provides an in-depth analysis of the supply and demand scenario for PIBs within the molecular weight range of 8,500 and less. PIBs with molecular weight greater than 8,500 and hydrogenated PIBs are not included in the scope of this study.
The study will have a global coverage with information arranged by key regions:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report is a syndicated analysis designed specifically to help subscribers identify the key growth areas for various types and grades of PIBs. In addition to providing an objective and thorough analysis of PIB supply and demand, the study presents an unbiased, forward-thinking assessment of what the business for this product will look like in the next 10 years on a global basis. The report analyzes the top end-use egments in various regions and help identify the opportunities and challenges within each of these segments.
- The study is useful tool for sales, marketing, finance, technology, and strategy personnel to quickly learn the basics of the PIB market and business, understand PIB requirements for various key applications, and make business decisions.
- The study provides valuable insights and information on business opportunities and threats and respond to them by making sound business decisions.