Opportunities in Lubricants: ASEAN Market Analysis
To be published: Q3 2020
Base Year: 2019
Forecasts through 2024
Regional Coverage: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was formed in August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand by five nations: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. It was later joined by Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Cambodia. Southeast Asia is an important hub for trade, with some of the fastest-growing countries globally that together make up a sizable market for lubricants. Opportunities in Lubricants: ASEAN Market Analysis provides a comprehensive, in-depth analysis of automotive and industrial finished lubricant products, end-use industries, trade classes, major suppliers, and market trends in major ASEAN countries.
This Report helps subscribers to:
- Assess the demand for finished lubricants in ASEAN countries in terms of market segment, product type, viscosity grades, formulation, and end-use applications.
- Study key trends in ASEAN countries’ lubricants markets, such as the shift in viscosity grades, changes in drain intervals, and product technology.
- Understand product performance requirements for different market segments and thus identify opportunities for growth.
- Identify the leading suppliers that are active in the region and gain insights about their operations.
- Understand route-to-market through review of key sales channels including direct, installed, and retail.
- Learn about key growth drivers and identify market opportunities and challenges.
- ASEAN lubricant industry market review
- Regional macro-economic trends
- Leading lubricants supplier market share and business review
- Lubricant performance trends
- Lubricant demand growth
- Overview of leading country markets
- Key end-use applications and distribution channel
|Table 1: Tentative List of Markets Covered|
Detailed profiles covering major markets (listed in Table 1) will be provided, covering the following information:
- Political and economic background
- Vehicle population and manufacturing
- Basestock manufacturing
- Overall lubricant demand
- Commercial automotive market segment overview: product category, formulation type, viscosity grade, API service category, on-highway and off-highway subsegments, synthetics penetration, supplier market share, five-year forecast and assumptions.
- Consumer automotive market segment overview: product category, formulation type, viscosity grade, API service category, installed and retail subsegments, synthetics penetration, supplier market share, five-year forecast and assumptions.
- Industrial oils and fluids market segment overview: product category, formulation type, viscosity grade, leading industries, synthetics, supplier market share, five-year forecast and assumptions.
- Overall appraisal of lubricants market
Scope & Benefits
Opportunities in Lubricants: ASEAN Market Analysis will provide a thorough independent appraisal of the growing finished automotive and industrial lubricants market in major member countries of ASEAN. It will explore opportunities and challenges for manufacturers and marketers in these markets. Key insights provided in the report will include the following:
- Commercial automotive lubricants: heavy-duty engine oil, hydraulic and transmission fluid, gear oil, and grease
- Consumer automotive lubricants: passenger car engine oil, two-stroke and four-stroke motorcycle oil, automatic transmission fluid, gear oil, and grease
- Industrial oils and fluids: hydraulic fluid, compressor and refrigeration oils, turbine and circulating oils, gear oil, grease, and other general industrial oils and fluids
- Industrial engine oil: natural gas, railroad, marrine, aviation piston aircraft, and stationary diesel
- Process oils: white, electrical, rubber, and all other
- Metalworking fluids: removal, forming, protecting, treating
- Penetration levels of synthetic and semi-synthetic automotive and industrial oils and fluids