Global Rubber Process Oils: Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2018
Published April 2019
Forecasts to 2023
Regional Coverage: Asia, Europe, North America, South America
Rubber process oils (RPO) function as internal lubricants, improve the blending of the rubber formulations, facilitate the incorporation of fillers and other additives, improve certain physical characteristics, and function as low-cost extenders. Group I plant closures and restriction on use of high poly aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) content oils for tire manufacturing in Europe has created an opening for new products to penetrate this market. Against this backdrop, this report explores market opportunities for aromatic, paraffinic, and naphthenic rubber process oils.
This Report Addresses Such Questions as:
- What is the overall global demand for rubber process oils? What is the share by region, end-use segment, and product type?
- What is the suitability of different rubber process oils for different applications?
- What are the performance requirements from different end-user applications, and how are they being met?
- Who are the key suppliers for different rubber process oils?
- What are the key growth drivers and restraints?
- What are the opportunities and threats for rubber process oil marketers?
Each country profile covers product analysis, end-user industry analysis, and market analysis as elaborated below. Tentative list of countries to be covered are listed in Table 1.
This section covers paraffinic Group I, Group II, Group III, and GTL basestocks, naphthenic basestocks, DAE, TDAE, RAE, and MES.
- Classification of rubber process oils
- Physical, chemical, and performance characteristics
- Application areas
- Product pricing
- Inter-material competition
- Current potential supply and supply outlook
- Product development and trends
End-User Industry Analysis
This section covers tire, other rubber products, and TPE manufacturing.
- Industry overview – size, structure, geographic spread, and growth
- Rubber products used – NR, IR, SBR, BR, CR, EPDM, Nitrile rubber, Polystyrene, TPE, and others
- Rubber process oils used, product specifications, consumption norms
- Rubber process oil consumption – overall, by region, by product type, by end-use applications, such as tire manufacturing and gloves, footwear, and other rubber goods manufacturing
- Industry growth and demand outlook
- Rubber process oil consumption by rubber suppliers and rubber goods manufacturers
- Market and product trends
- Demand growth
- Market opportunities and challenges
This section covers business background, product range, focus areas, manufacturing and sales, and outlook.
- Apar Industries
- Cross Oil
- Holly Frontier
- JX Nippon
- Raj Petro Specialties
* Subject to charter subscriber input.
|Table 1: Tentative List of Countries to be profiled|
|Asia||China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, and South Korea|
|Europe||France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, and Turkey|
|Americas||USA and Brazil|
Scope & Benefits
Global Rubber Process Oils: Market Analysis and Opportunities provides a detailed appraisal of the global rubber process oils market, highlighting opportunities and challenges in different markets. The study covers the following:
All rubber process oil products, including various aromatic (DAE, TDAE, RAE, TRAE, and MES), paraffinic, and naphthenic products
- All major rubber and thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) types, including SBR, BR, CR, EPDM, IIR, IR, NR, and others
- Market estimates at the global and regional level, as well as detailed market estimates for all major country markets identified in the table of contents
- Rubber process oil pricing
- Key suppliers and market share
- Five-year demand outlook and market appraisal
Subscribers of this report gains an understanding of the rubber process oil industry in terms of the key markets, end-use industries, growth drivers, and opportunities. The report helps subscribers to:
- Develop business strategies by understanding the economic, technological, and legislative trends shaping and driving the rubber process oil market.
- Design and develop products, marketing, and sales strategies targeting key end-use segments.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by evaluating current and future demand scenarios.
- Evaluate the major global rubber process oil suppliers and their products to identify gaps in product portfolios and evaluate new product introductions.
- Identify market segments poised for strong growth.