Beauty’s 100 Favorite Brands: Analysis of Booming Independent Brands in the United States
Published Quarterly Throughout 2019
Regional Coverage: North America
Beauty indies are the most sought-after brands by cosmetics marketers and retailers alike. Recording high double- digit to triple-digit growth for the past several years, these privately-owned gems outpace the total market growth, by offering unique product and ingredient stories combined with compelling digital marketing that resonates with today’s beauty consumer. Our report identifies these disruptors and assesses the factors that make them resonate with consumers.
This Report Helps Subscribers to:
- Where are the freshest beauty product trends coming from?
- What innovations are brought forward by the indies?
- What marketing strategies do the indies use to differentiate themselves?
- Which product categories are the indies dominant in and where do the opportunities lie?
- Who are the most influential bloggers in the indie space and what roles do they play in making these brands a success?
- What is the brand's potential for growth?
- Brand profiles of approximately 100 select brands (see Table 1) that include the following:
− Brand equity and positioning
− Company overview and profile of the founders
− Description of product portfolio
− Best-selling products and pricing strategy
− Marketing activity – focus on digital influencer strategy
− Go-to market strategy
− Retail distribution and expansion strategies
− Brand sales for 2018 and 2019 estimates
− Outlook for the brand and its growth potential for the next 5 years
Scope & Benefits
Beauty’s 100 Favorite Brands identifies and profiles 100 brands that we consider to be industry disruptors.
- Geographically, our research focuses on the United States.
- The category scope will encompass all beauty and personal care products, with a focus on fragrances, makeup, skin care, and other toiletries.
- The channel scope encompasses all consumer outlets where beauty products are sold, including direct sales.
This report provides pertinent information on the most compelling indie brands that are helping to shape today’s beauty industry in the United States. While these brands may be small in terms of sales value today, they have potential to become tomorrow’s billion dollar buy-outs. This report will provide:
- A view of the independent brands that are outpacing the beauty industry growth in the categories that they compete in.
- Understanding of which products and concepts resonate with today’s consumers.
- Identify concepts that may have traction in other parts of the world.
- Screening for potential acquisition candidates and/or local partners.