Beauty Retail Navigator
Base Year: 2019
Forecasts to 2024
To Be Published 4th Quarter 2019
Regional Coverage: Global
Specialty stores is one of the leading and fastest-growing channels for beauty but also one of the least tracked in terms of data coverage. Leveraging Kline’s long history of successfully monitoring the specialty stores channel through its Beauty Retailing report series, this new program will monitor the evolution of key single-brand retailers on an ongoing and global basis.
This Report Will Help Subscribers to:
- Assess the performance of key boutique retailers globally
- Quantify sales and door counts for key retailers globally
- Monitor store locations, openings, and closures through Locales, Kline’s proprietary mapping tool
- Take an in-depth look at the competitive strategies of important single-brand retailers such as Lush, Kiehl’s, and Deciem/The Ordinary
- View images of storefronts and merchandising displays of each retailer in all key markets
This program has three key deliverables: a written report, a database, and a fully interactive map tool.
- Global assessment of overarching trends and developments
- Evolution by region/country
- Global profiles for 20 retailers (see Table 1) to include:
− Competitive focus
− Estimated retail sales by product class listed in Table 2 (2018 and 2019)
− Number of doors by region/country (2019)
− Door openings and closures
− Product assortment and pricing
− Hero products
− Marketing activity
− Outlook to 2024
- Excel workbook containing key data for each retailer listed in Table 1
- Data to include retail sales by product class and region/country, door counts by country, and size/productivity measures
- Image database to include images of storefronts and interior merchandising displays for each retailer listed in Table 1 in key countries
- Geolocation of every individual store for retailers listed in Table 1, delivered via Locales,
Kline’s proprietary interactive mapping tool (see Figure 1).
- Future editions will be updated each year, with indications for store closures and openings
* Subject to charter subscriber input
Scope & Benefits
Beauty Retail Navigator will track the evolution of the fast-moving specialty stores channel
- This program will monitor 20 key boutique retailers. Boutique retailers, also called freestanding stores or vertically integrated beauty retailers, are defined as retailers where the brand equals the retailer, and the brand is the only one sold at that store.
- The geographic scope is global—the entire global business of each of the 20 retailers will be researched, assessed, mapped, and reported on globally.
- Category scope includes skin care (face), skin care (body), makeup, fragrances, hair care, and other beauty, as outlined in Table 2.
This service will assist beauty marketers and retailers in identifying opportunities and threats
within the specialty stores channel.
- Understand where retailers are successful (or
not) and why.
- Quantify and visualize the presence of retailers
by country, city, and neighborhood.
- Assess key success factors and productivity measures
across a number of retailers.
- See and compare merchandising strategies and
store imagery by retailer and country.
- Develop business strategies by understanding
the trends and developments driving freestanding