Specialty Actives in Personal Care: Multi-regional Market Analysis and Opportunities
Base Year: 2016
Published April 2017
Forecasts to 2021
Regional Coverage: Brazil, China, Europe, United States
Once restricted to only high-end products in developed markets, biofunctional active ingredients have become a key component of cosmetic formulation, following the quest for visible results from global consumers. Even though the market has grown significantly over the last decade, it is still a highly desirable segment for personal care ingredients suppliers as shown by the number of acquisitions in this field lately.
This Program Helps Subscribers Answer Key Questions Such as:
- What is the size of the specialty actives market by region, product category, and functionality?
- What are the growth prospects within each region and application for specialty actives?
- How are consumers’ expectations answered by active ingredients suppliers?
- What regulations are affecting the market?
- What are comparative pricing differences for each product by region?
- Who are the leading suppliers?
- What merger and acquisition activity has shaped the market?
- Which new products have entered the marketplace, and from whom have they taken market share?
Market Introduction and Overview
- Introduction to specialty actives
- Regulatory overview
- Competitive landscape
Proteins and Peptides
Synthetic Active Ingredients
Enzyme and Coenzymes
For each specialty active, the following information is provided:
- Market overview
- Pricing analysis
- Market sizing
- Competitive structure
- Market share analysis
- Key market drivers and constraints
- Market forecast and outlook
This chapter provides an overview of key functionality, for example, anti-aging, including the actives defined as “anti-aging” and potential for this market.
Ten suppliers are profiled in each regional report.
The accompanying database provides quick access to the 2016 market data, with historic data for Europe and the United State, Brazil, and China (see Table 1). The interactive functions of the database allows users to customize views according to supplier, ingredient type, and application. Data includes:
- Consumption of specialty active by functionality and region
- Supplier sales by specialty active by region
- Average market pricing by region
- Forecast consumption of specialty active within a five-year timeframe
|Table 1: Regional Data|
|Region||Historical data||Base year||Forecast data|
|United States||2007, 2010, 2013||2016||2017-2021|
|Europe||2007, 2010, 2013||2016||2017-2021|
Scope & Benefits
Specialty Actives in Personal Care: Multi-regional Market Analysis and Opportunities provides a detailed independent appraisal of the key regional markets, including Europe and the United States, but also the developing China and Brazil. The reports assess current and forecast demand by major product and functionality, product trends and prices, distribution channels, supplier sales, and technical and market trends. Specialty actives included within this program are grouped into the following categories:
- Botanical actives
- Biotechnology products
- Marine ingredients
- Proteins and peptides
- Enzymes and coenzymes
- Synthetic active ingredients
The following key functionality is explored by specialty active family (see Figure 1):
This research program provides marketing and product managers and directors within the personal care ingredients industry with an understanding of the evolution of the market in each significant region, product group, and application. As a result, subscribers will be better positioned to exploit identified business opportunities at a day-to-day operational level and during the strategic planning process. This program provides subscribers with:
- Identification of key growth by product and geography to enable development of targeted sales and marketing strategies to exploit high growth areas
- Highlights of new product developments which will influence growth in the market and also impact market share of existing products, thus allowing subscribers to develop the appropriate business strategy to follow growth or protect share
- An appraisal of market trends, supply and demand drivers enabling subscribers to position their products to maximize trends within the market
- Competitive intelligence for use in benchmarking and to enable subscribers to identify best practice in the industry
- Forecasting scenarios from which to base solid strategic business plans