Published: December 2012
Base Year: 2012
Regional Coverage: Asia, Europe, North America
Download Fact Sheet
A robust analysis of the professional nail care market focusing on
key trends, developments, and business opportunities, and
addressing such issues as:
- How big is the market?
- How are long-term gel products like Shellac performing?
- What are the key trends and emerging technologies prompting
- What are the fastest growing professional nail brands, and why?
- Who are the market leaders?
- Which regions are growing the fastest?
- What are the opportunities in this market?
A comprehensive review of the global market. The following
information is assessed:
Key lessons learned
Major Company Profiles
Market sales and growth
– Take-home versus back-bar
Nail salon service trends and sales data
– Professional brands versus others
– Category and type
Industry and service statistics
– Number of salons by region
– Segmentation by outlet type
– Service sales data
Texture, color, and wear trends
Future outlook to 2017
Brief profiles for the key companies/brands that market professional
nail care products, as listed in Table 1 below. Information provided includes:
Minor Company Profiles
Manufacturers’ sales and growth (2011 and 2012)
Professional versus retail
Product offerings; key colors and textures
Marketing and merchandising activities
Outlook to 2017
|Table 1: Tentative List of Major Brands to be Profiled
- China Glaze
- LCN International
- Nail Systems International
- Peggy Sage
|Table 2: Tentative List of Minor Brands to be Profiled
- Artistic Nail Design
- BIO Sculpture Gel
- Calgel (Moga Brook)
- Cuccio (Star Nail International)
- Estessimo Tins (Takara Belmont)
- International Beauty Distributors (American International Industries)
- Impala (Mundial)
- Risque (Hypermarcas)
- Seche (American International Industries)
- Zoya (Art of Beauty)
Professional Nail Care: Global Market Brief provides subscribers with an analysis of industry trends and
developments, market size and growth, product trends, brand profiles, and competitive forces within the global
professional nail care market.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of nail polishes (including base and top coats) and gels (all types) that are used to
perform standard manicures and pedicures in professional channels such as salons and spas. Related products, such as artificial/acrylic nails accessories, drying equipment, implements, lotions, oils,
treatments, and nail polish removers, are not part of the scope of this report.
This study focuses specifically on consumable nail polish products and gels sold for use in professional outlets, but covers sales of these products through all channels of distribution. Brands are considered professional only if they
are marketed predominantly for back-bar (professional) use and if they generate the majority of sales through
The analysis is global in nature and focuses on North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
There are some regional breakdowns and analysis, but this report does not contain in-depth details on each
This market brief enables subscribers to identify business opportunities by analyzing the dynamics in this hard-to-track industry, understanding market growth factors, the competitive landscape, and future trends.
Specifically, this report assists subscribers by providing:
- An unbiased and comprehensive examination of the global professional nail care market
- Information to exploit business opportunities by understanding market growth and future trends in this highmargin
- A perspective on the leading players, as well as the smaller, up-and-coming ones
- A resource to augment business plans with reliable insights and data
- Identification of potential acquisition, merger candidates, and strategic alliances
Subscribers also receive one day of consultation with members of the research team. This time can be used for
strategic planning assistance or to explore specific information, which might not be covered in this report.
Kline is unmatched in our ability to gather hard-to-get market and competitive intelligence with a high degree of
confidence. Kline's approach places the principal emphasis on primary research techniques to ensure that the
foundation of business intelligence and insight is accurate, current, and reliable.
During the course of field research, Kline's professional staff of industry experts will conduct in-depth discussions
and personal interviews with a wide range of knowledgeable industry participants and opinion leaders, including
grain storage operators, grain exporting companies, consultants, trade associations, and chemical distributors. Kline
will also conduct a separate survey for on-farm grain storage operators to gather detailed information about this
market. This study includes approximately 200 structured interviews with end users.
Primary research represents the bulk of our research efforts. This approach has proven to be the most effective
and reliable approach to obtaining accurate market data, capturing expert insights, and identifying business
In addition, this analysis will be supplemented by secondary research drawn from the review of USDA data, suppliers'
product literature and price lists, recent trade and technical literature; and Internet sources.