Published: 3rd qtr. 2011
Base Year: 2010
Regional Coverage: Europe, United States
Download Europe Fact Sheet
Download U.S. Fact Sheet
Functional activity has become a key marketing focus in skin care in recent
years. This report program focuses on specialty actives, namely those used in
cosmetic applications for anti-acne, anti-inflammatory, and other skin benefits.
Key questions addressed by this research include:
- What is the size of the specialty actives market by region, product
category, and application?
- What are the growth prospects within each region and application for
- What regulations are affecting the market?
- What are comparative pricing differences for each product by region?
- Who are the leading suppliers?
- – What products do they offer?
- – What are their strengths and how do they position themselves?
- – What merger and acquisition activity has shaped the market?
- Which new products have entered the marketplace, and from whom have
they taken market share?
Alongside our comprehensive market reports, data is also accessible via an
interactive online database.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS
Market Introduction and Overview
Introduction to specialty actives
Proteins and Peptides
Enzyme and Coenzymes
For each specialty active (Chapter 4-8), the following information will be provided:
Market share analysis
Key market drivers and constraints
Market forecast and outlook
This chapter provides an overview of key functionality, for example, anti-aging, including the actives defined as “anti-aging”
and potential for this market.
Ten suppliers are profiled in each regional report.
Specialty Actives in Personal Care 2011: Multi-Regional Market Analysis and Opportunities provides a detailed
independent appraisal of key regional markets including Europe and the United States, assessing current and forecast
demand by major product and application, product trends and prices, distribution channels, supplier sales, and technical
and market trends.
Specialty actives included within this program are grouped into the following categories:
- Botanical actives
- Biotechnology products
- Marine ingredients
- Proteins and peptides
- Enzymes and coenzymes
The following key functionality is explored by specialty active family:
- Skin whitening/lightening
- Sun protection
The base year for this program is 2010 and includes forecasts to the year 2015.
This research program provides marketing and product managers and directors within the personal care ingredients
industry with understanding of the evolution of the market in each significant region, product group, and application. As
a result, subscribers will be better positioned to exploit identified business opportunities at a day-to-day operational level
and during the strategic planning process.
This program provides subscribers with:
- Identification of key growth by product and geography to enable development of targeted sales and marketing
strategies to exploit high growth areas
- Highlights of new product developments which will influence growth in the market and also impact market share of
existing products, thus allowing subscribers to develop the appropriate business strategy to follow growth or protect
- An appraisal of market trends, supply and demand drivers enabling subscribers to position their products to maximize
trends within the market
- Competitive intelligence for use in benchmarking and to enable subscribers to identify best practice in the industry
- Forecasting scenarios from which to base solid strategic business plans
The database program will feature the FutureView forecasting tool, which allows users to easily change variables to run
various "what if" demand scenarios that will help shape business strategy development.
The accompanying database provides quick access to the 2010 market data; with historic data for Europe and the United
States from 2007. The interactive functions of the database allows users to customize views according to supplier, ingredient
type, and application. Data includes:
Consumption of specialty active by functionality and region
Supplier sales by specialty active by region
Average market pricing by region
Forecast consumption of specialty active within a five-year timeframe