Global Rubber Process Oils: Market Analysis and Opportunities
To be published 1st Quarter 2017
Base Year: 2016
Forecasts to 2021
Regional Coverage: Asia, Europe, North America, South America
Rubber process oils (RPO) function as internal lubricants, improve the blending of the rubber formulations,
facilitate the incorporation of fillers and other additives, improve certain physical characteristics, and function
as low-cost extenders. Group I plant closures and restriction on use of high poly aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)
content oils for tire manufacturing in Europe has created an opening for new products to penetrate into this
market. Against this backdrop, this report will explore market opportunities for aromatic, paraffinic, and naphthenic
rubber process oils.
This Report Addresses Such Questions as:
- What is the overall global demand for rubber
process oils? What is the share by region, end-use
segment, and product type?
- What is the suitability of different rubber process
oils for different applications?
- What are the performance requirements from
different end-user applications, and how are they
- Who are the key suppliers for different rubber
- What are the key growth drivers and restraints?
- What are the opportunities and threats for rubber
process oil marketers?
Each country profile will cover product analysis,
end-user industry analysis, and market analysis as
elaborated below. Tentative list of countries to be
covered are listed in Table 1.
This section covers paraffinic Group I, Group II, Group
III, and GTL basestocks, naphthenic basestocks, DAE,
TDAE, RAE, and MES.
- Classification of rubber process oils
- Physical, chemical, and performance
- Application areas
- Product pricing
- Inter-material competition
- Current potential supply and supply outlook
- Product development and trends
End-User Industry Analysis
This section covers tire, other rubber products, and
- Industry overview – size, structure, geographic
spread, and growth
- Rubber products used – NR, IR, SBR, BR, CR,
EPDM, Nitrile rubber, Polystyrene, TPE, and others
- Rubber process oils used, product specifications,
- Rubber process oil consumption – overall, by
region, by product type, by end-use applications,
such as tire manufacturing and gloves, footwear,
and other rubber goods manufacturing
- Industry growth and demand outlook
- Rubber process oil consumption by rubber
suppliers and rubber goods manufacturers
- Information on compatibility of rubber process oil
with a type of rubber
- Market and product trends
- Demand growth
- Market opportunities and challenges
This section covers business background, product
range, focus areas, manufacturing and sales, and
- Apar Industries
- Cross Oil
- Holly Frontier
- JX Nippon
- Raj Petro Specialties
* Subject to charter subscriber input.
|Table 1: Tentative List of Countries to be profiled
||China, India, Indonesia, Japan,
Malaysia, Thailand, and South
||France, Germany, Italy, Poland,
Russia, and Turkey
||USA and Brazil
Global Rubber Process Oils: Market Analysis and Opportunities will provide a detailed appraisal
of the global rubber process oils market, highlighting opportunities and challenges in different
markets. The study will cover the following:
All rubber process oil products, including various
aromatic (DAE, TDAE, RAE, TRAE, and MES),
paraffinic, and naphthenic products
- All major rubber and thermoplastic elastomers
(TPE) types, including SBR, BR, CR, EPDM, IIR, IR,
NR, and others
- Market estimates at the global and regional
level, as well as detailed market estimates for all
major country markets identified in the table of
- Rubber process oil pricing
- Key suppliers and market share
- Five-year demand outlook and market appraisal
Subscribers of this report will gain an understanding of the rubber process oil industry in terms
of the key markets, end-use industries, growth drivers, and opportunities. The report will help
- Develop business strategies by understanding
the economic, technological, and legislative
trends shaping and driving the rubber process
- Design and develop products, marketing, and
sales strategies targeting key end-use segments.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion
strategies by evaluating current and future demand
- Evaluate the major global rubber process oil
suppliers and their products to identify gaps in
product portfolios and evaluate new product
- Identify market segments poised for strong
Kline’s approach places the principal emphasis on primary research techniques to ensure that the foundation of
business intelligence and insight is accurate, current, and reliable. Building on our 50-plus years in the business
and leveraging our worldwide network of offices, our teams of seasoned professionals draw upon pragmatic
industrial and commercial experience to understand and interpret global impacts and local perspectives.
We Know Who to Talk to. We Know How to Listen.
A high number of in-depth discussions are conducted
by each analyst. Up to 60% of interviews are done
with the true industry insiders!
Kline’s analysts draw upon pragmatic experience to
understand global impacts and local perspectives.
Our interviews engage experts across all pertinent
fields and sectors including:
- Government agencies
- Trade organizations
We Know Where to Look – Mining the Details.
Analysis is further supplemented by secondary
research, consisting of constant tracking of annual
company reports, national statistics bureaux, trade/
industrial/professional associations and the like.
Relevant developments are diligently followed and
their impact closely monitored. Reports also draw
upon non-confidential data from Kline’s internal
database, consisting of over half a century’s
Comprehensive Market Intelligence
We Know How to Verify.
Data are rigorously analyzed, cross-checked, distilled
and validated. Kline’s proven methodology allows
exceptionally effective, precise and reliable market intelligence procurement and assessment, giving
subscribers a solid foundation on which to grow, refine and expand their business with confidence.
Kline is a leading global management consulting and market research firm offering the complete
spectrum of services. The firm has served the management consulting and market research needs
of organizations in the chemicals, materials, energy,
life sciences, and consumer products industries for
over 50 years.