Pain Management Devices: U.S. Market Analysis and Opportunities
Published January 2018
Base Year: 2017
Forecasts to 2022
Regional Coverage: United States
Request Fact Sheet
In the second edition of this study, we take a closer look at the largest market for pain management devices in
the world, focusing our research efforts solely on the most dynamic and innovative segment of powered devices.
This report includes key trends, market size and growth, and challenges and business opportunities.
This Report Helps to Answer the Following Questions:
- What opportunities exist in the burgeoning pain
management devices market?
- How big is the segment of multifunctional devices,
and what functions are commonly combined?
- Which technologies and trends are fueling
- What are the key channels of distribution?
- How will pain devices affect the OTC analgesics
This presentation-style report contains the following:
- Total industry size and growth
- Market drivers
- Overview and sales for 2016 and 2017 for powered devices (see Table 1)
- Channel highlights and sales breakdowns
- Competitive landscape with brand snapshots of leading and/or notable marketers
- Innovation and technological advancements
- Market outlook through 2022
* Subject to charter subscriber input
|Table 1: Powered Device Types Covered
Pain Management Devices: U.S. Market Analysis and Opportunities provides a detailed
independent appraisal of this fast-moving market and explores market opportunities and
challenges. This study focuses on powered devices that are used for pain management.
- Devices have a primary purpose of pain prevention/
alleviation for at-home use
- Focuses on body pain including muscle and joint
pain and excludes devices for headache, menstrual,
or rheumatoid arthritis/autoimmune pain
- Powered devices using such technologies as
TENS, light, micro-current, laser,
heat, and vibration
- Excludes prescription (Rx) and over-the-counter
(OTC) medications as well as non-powered devices such as wraps, braces and heat/ice packs
- Covers all consumer purchase channels, including
mass outlets, specialty outlets, direct sales
outlets (including the Internet), and professional
channels (e.g., doctor offices, pain clinics)
- Market analysis excludes devices that are used
only a professional setting; these are covered
as part of the professional survey only
This report enables subscribers to identify business opportunities in
the emerging and dynamic pain management devices market.
- Develop business strategies by understanding
the trends and developments that are driving
the pain management market
- Develop market-entry and market expansion
- Identify the trends and technologies that will
impact the market
- Identify and assess key players and who is
poised to win
- Stimulate ideas for potential partnerships, acquisitions,
and product ideation
Kline’s approach places the principal emphasis on primary research techniques to ensure that the foundation of
business intelligence and insight is accurate, current, and reliable. Building on our 50-plus years in the business
and leveraging our worldwide network of offices, our teams of seasoned professionals draw upon pragmatic
industrial and commercial experience to understand and interpret global impacts and local perspectives.
We Know Who to Talk to. We Know How to Listen.
A high number of in-depth discussions are conducted
by each analyst. Up to 60% of interviews are done
with the true industry insiders!
Kline’s analysts draw upon pragmatic experience to
understand global impacts and local perspectives.
Our interviews engage experts across all pertinent
fields and sectors including:
We also conducted a structured survey with professionals including pain management physicians, physical therapists, chiropractors, and accupuncturists. Approximately 100 surveys were completed in each country.
- Government agencies
- Trade organizations
We Know Where to Look – Mining the Details.
Analysis is further supplemented by secondary
research, consisting of constant tracking of annual
company reports, national statistics bureaux, trade/
industrial/professional associations and the like.
Relevant developments are diligently followed and
their impact closely monitored. Reports also draw
upon non-confidential data from Kline’s internal
database, consisting of over half a century’s
Comprehensive Market Intelligence
We Know How to Verify.
Data are rigorously analyzed, cross-checked, distilled
and validated. Kline’s proven methodology allows
exceptionally effective, precise and reliable market intelligence procurement and assessment, giving
subscribers a solid foundation on which to grow, refine and expand their business with confidence.
Kline is a leading global management consulting and market research firm offering the complete
spectrum of services. The firm has served the management consulting and market research needs
of organizations in the chemicals, materials, energy,
life sciences, and consumer products industries for
over 50 years.